- Lead effectively the Field Epidemiological Investigation Team (FEIT) and to analyze and interpret epidemiological data to produce highly effective disease prevention and control.
- Be a highly skilled and competent personnel in effective prevention and control of diseases.
- Carry out epidemiological surveillance and disease control using latest procedures and technologies.
- Manage outbreak of diseases and disease related crises effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate effectively and efficiently inter and intra agency collaboration and cooperation in outbreak of diseases and disease related crises.
- Share Information and establish effective dialogues among those responsible for assessing, minimizing and regulating risks and those who may be affected by the outcome of those risks.
- Operate as resource personnel in matters relating to disease prevention and control.
- Conduct contact tracing, complete case verification and investigation of diseases.
- Predict occurrence of diseases based on secondary and surveillance data.
- Plan management and mechanisms of action for the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
- Conduct health education and promotion related to the disease prevention and control.
Social Skills and Responsibilities
- Ability to coordinate between different stakeholders in the event of communicable disease emergencies.
- Coordination and effective management of prevention and control of communicable diseases.
- Demonstrate effective social skills and responsibility in dealing with clients, patients and community.
Value, Ethics and Professionalism
- Provide professional care based on ethical principles and legal bindings across transcultural diversity of clients, patients and community.
- Endow professional services in case investigations and management amongst client, patient and community.
- Execute legal action plan related to prevention and control of communicable diseases.
Interpersonal, Communication and Leadership Skills:
- Lead disease prevention and control teams before, during and after disease transmission and outbreak and disease related crises.
- Communicate effectively before, during and after disease transmission and outbreak and disease related crises.
- Inter and intra agency communication through effective, modern and rapid mechanisms for information dissemination.
Problem Solving and Scientific Skills:
- Utilize computer skills and information technology for multivariate analyzes in disease investigation, prevention and control and risk assessment / control.
- Use biostatistical and epidemiological knowledge to prevent and control communicable diseases within appropriate scientific estimates gathered through health surveillance and field investigations.
Information management and Lifelong Learning Skills:
- Use analytical and scientific methods for data analyses to predict disease occurrence and distribution.
- Analyze primary and secondary data using epidemiological, statistical and graphical methods to prevent and control emerging and re-emerging diseases.
Managerial and Entrepreneurship Skills
- Demonstrate ability to maintain sustainable practice in the effectiveness, efficiency and accessibility to resources for clients, patient and community.
- Verify, validate and organize professional reports related to the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL)
The Training Management Division and Training Institutions, Ministry of Health (MOH) are committed to recognizing prior learning of students particularly mature students, who enter training institutions with an extensive range of expertise, skills and knowledge derived from a variety of professional, vocational, community, leisure and personal contexts. Thus the Training Management Division and Training Institutions MOH, offer all applicants the opportunity to enter higher education at the level appropriate to their previous learning and experience which maybe through training courses, employment, professional development courses and self-directed study at college and university. Prior learning achievements include formally taught, assessed and certificate learning, taught but non-certificate learning and experiential learning.
It is essential that the accreditation of prior experiential learning processes do not compromise a student’s ability to meet the professional competencies and academic outcomes required by the course. The accreditation of prior experiential learning procedures should be both transparent and rigorous in meeting the quality assurance requirements of the training management division, MOH. The award of credit via accreditation of prior experiential learning is in line with professional body regulations and based on notional students learning time to meet the theoretical and or practice outcome and hours
Curriculum Design and Delivery
This curriculum is designed using Outcome Based Education approach and inclusion of inter-professional education involving Allied Health Personnel in Ministry of Health Malaysia. The curriculum utilized semester system made up of theory and field components.